An autumn leaf, twice on different types of paper

Instagram  




My Enchanted Forest copy has very smooth paper. I was wondering what the exact difference would be if I would duplicate a leaf on a different type of paper. 
I made two videos about colouring an autumn leaf in my Enchanted Forest copy and on sketching paper.



                 




Faber Castell Polychromos Pencils are available in the Passion for Pencils Webshops.



Faber Castell Polychromos Pencils are available in the Passion for Pencils Webshops. Faber Castell Polychromos Pencils are available in the Passion for Pencils Webshops.
I started with colouring in Enchanted Forest. I used 11 different colours, all Faber Castell Polychromos:

185 Napels Yellow
168 Earth Green Yellowish
115 Dark Cadmium Orange
174 Chromium Green Opaque
217 Middle Cadmium Red
121 Pale Geranium Lake
109 Dark Chrome Yellow
177 Walnut Brown
246 Prussian Blue
111 Cadmium Orange
225 Dark Red

In the videos I use the pencils in the same order as listed here.
In both cases, both on the smooth paper and the sketching paper, I start off with giving the leaf a first layer of yellow. I do not try to cover all the paper because I want the leaf to look real. So I try to vary the colour a little. Some areas will be more yellow, or green or red than other areas.
As I continue colouring I keep in mind to ‘forget’ colouring certain areas.


                          



The first five or six layers are just about giving the leaf its basic colours. But then, when adding the next few layers, the MAGIC happens. This is why I love layering so much! Suddenly, the leaf comes to life! The colours start to come together and the drawing will get the vibrance and texture I am looking for.





Comments

Popular Posts