My Christmas Wish List - Part 3 - Schmincke Horadam Watercolour Paint



Tiger - Sennelier professional watercolour paints, Centenaire watercolour paper

Instagram  
In The Netherlands where I live, many people give each other presents on December 5, when they celebrate Sinterklaas.
But as Christmas is approaching, I have been contemplating a Christmas Art Supplies Wish List.

I don't really NEED more art supplies, but there are pencils, paints, papers, and other things that I would love to try. And there is one thing I would love Winsor&Newton to invent…

This is my wish list:


The third item on my Christmas Wishlist is Schmincke Horadam Watercolour Paint.

Besides coloured pencil, I absolutely love watercolour painting. It took a while before I understood the medium, and I still want to learn a lot more, but watercolour painting is something I enjoy very much.
Because I want to explore the medium further, I would love to try one of the very best watercolour brands in the world: the German brand Schmincke Horadam.
This German brand is often mentioned by artists as one of their favourite paints.

A drawing from the Watercolour Along Project with professional Sennelier Paint

My professional Sennelier paints are very nice to work with but I would like to expand my watercolour horizon and see what this superb German brand has to offer. I expect that it is a great example of 'Deutsche Grundlichkeit', as we often say here in The Netherlands. The Germans are famous for their precision and thoroughness.
I expect that, like with the Faber Castell Polychromos pencils, the Schmincke Horadam paints are of extreme high quality, are very consistent to work with, have vibrant colours and superb lightfastness.


A quick sketch 

Besides the metal tinsets, Schmincke also sells beautiful sets in wooden boxes. The one here below has 48 full pans, so great when you like to make large size paintings. 

 

The price  of Schmincke Horadam paint varies quite a bit. If you live in the USA, this brand may turn out very expensive. In Germany, however, it is still expensive but more what I would expect for a beautiful brand like Schmincke.


   


So yes, I am definitely going to keep this beautiful brand on my wish list. Well, actually I hope I will remove it from my wish list  because I was able to buy a set!




Comments

Popular Posts