My Christmas Wish List - Part 2 - Rembrandt Watercolour Paint

Instagram  

In The Netherlands where I live, many people give each other presents on December 5, when they celebrate Sinterklaas.
But as Christmas is approaching, I have been contemplating a Christmas Art Supplies Wish List.

I don't really NEED more art supplies, but there are pencils, paints, papers, and other things that I would love to try. And there is one thing I would love Winsor&Newton to invent…

This is my wish list:


The second item on my Christmas Wishlist is Rembrandt Watercolour Paint.

I think it was 15 years ago that I bought my first watercolour paint: Winsor&Newton Cotman, student grade watercolour. I enjoyed using them but felt that something was lacking. And then a couple of years ago I came across a good deal on Amazon and bought a set of professional Sennelier paints.


Last Spring I worked on this sketch. 

Since I bought the Sennelier I have used Cotman only a couple of times. The professional paints work so much better for me!
Now that I have painted quite a few projects with Sennelier I would love to try other brands.
So why not put the Dutch professional watercolour paint on my wish list?
Just like coloured pencils, all watercolour brands have their own characteristics. I'd like to explore other brands and l learn about their strenghts and weeknesses.

Rembrandt Watercolour Paint is the professional paint of the Dutch Royal Talens Company. The famous Dutch artist Marjolein Bastin uses the Rembrandt paints and I have heard that the paints are popular among members of IWS Holland, a Dutch watercolour society. So I would love to give them a try.


   


Every artist, both amateur and professional, has his/her own style. In my case, layering and mixing colours on the paper is what I like most. So mixing watercolour paints on a palet is something I don't do that often. I prefer glazing, layering thin layers of paint right out of the box on the paper.
That is why a large set of Rembrandt paints is on my wish list. I then have many different shades available.
Professional watercolour paints may seem expensive, but the paints are highly pigmented and last very long. This watercolour set lasts for many years.

W.I.P. in Jade Gideon's book Island Escape



Comments

  1. Stationery Supplies materials revitalize my imagination! New notebooks, pencils, and sticky notes inspire instantaneously. Creating an organized and attractive workstation is important, too. Quality stationery always motivates me to work. What's your favourite stationery essential?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts