My Christmas Wish List - Part 1 - Derwent Inktense pencils and blocks



On my Wish List: Derwent Inktense pencils!
Instagram  

In The Netherlands where I live, many people give each other presents on December 5, when they celebrate Sinterklaas.
But as Christmas is approaching, I have been contemplating a Christmas Art Supplies Wish List.

I don't really NEED more art supplies, but there are pencils, paints, papers, and other things that I would love to try. And there is one thing I would love Winsor&Newton to invent…

This is my wish list:





The first items on my wish list are Derwent Inktense Blocks and Pencils:

I have a set of 24 Inktense Pencils. They were given to me by a lady from California.
It took me some time to learn how Inktense works, but as soon as I figured it out, I was hooked on these bright pencils. I love the fact that you can use them both with and without adding water. A velvety look appears when you use them dry.



When I try new art supplies I Always pick up a colouring book to experiment and learn. In the case of the Inktense pencils, I picked up Painterly Days. I found out about the difference between water colour and Inktense, I practiced layering, hard and soft edges and much more.
I like Inktense so much that I decided I wanted to use these pencils in the Watercolour Along Project.

Derwent Inktense Pencils in Painterly Days

   


Inktense has become one of my favourite mediums. I would love to one day buy the complete set of both pencils and blocks. I feel the pencils are a little bit limiting because they are less suitable for painting larger areas. That is why both the pencils and blocks are on my Christmas Wish List!



    

Comments

  1. This is an amazing post on pencils. Looking forward to read more post like these.
    Wholesale Pencils

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts