Magical Jungle, A first glimpse of Johanna Basford's new colouring book!



Instagram  

Johanna Basford, author of Secret Garden, Enchanted Forest and Lost Ocean, is about to launch her fourth colouring book!
She has already sold 16 million copies and her new book, Magical Jungle, will be successful too. I have no doubt about that.

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from Johanna. She had decided to give her favourite 'colourists' a free copy. She picked 30 people and I am one of the lucky few!
Yesterday, my copy arrived and of course I immediately started colouring. I managed to make a short video with a first impression of the book.
More videos will follow!

Magical Jungle will be available in August but you can already pre-order at Amazon or Bol.com.
There seems to be a slight difference in the book published by Penguin and the one by Ebury.
I will ask Johanna if there is a difference. If so I will let you know ASAP!



      




Comments

  1. bradley@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Henny,
    I am a subscriber but much more important is that I am a great admirer of yours and of your work. Today I would like to follow up on something you mentioned about the Bruynzeel pencils and the Marco Renoir pencils. I too have heard about the possibility of some similarities betseen both of these pencils. I have heard you comment a number of times about how much you like the Bruynzeel pencils and I became very interested. Also, I recently bought a set of 72 of the Marco Renoir pencils. In the last few months I have become very excited about coloring. I did not have any colored pencils since I never worked in that medium before. I was planning to write to you about the pencils when I heard about the possibiity that these two brands of pencils might be the same. However, I knew that the Marco Renoir are oil based and the Bruynzeel are wax based. Some of the information I heard was that the colors are the same and even something about the numbers are the same. If you would like I can find out about the current availability of the Marco pencils now and I would be glad to get a small set for you to compare them with your Bruynzeel pencils. It would be my pleasure to do so. I have learned so much from you and if I could do something helpful for you I would be glad to. If you want to know more about me just let me know and I will answer you.
    I will check on the availability of the Marco pencils, as I said and I will let you know.
    I am so glad for you that Johanna picked you since you are such a wonderful colorist.I wish you all the best. I do hope this email will reach you, I am not sure how this works.
    Warm regards,
    Reva Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts