Caran d'Ache Waterbrushes



About two years ago I bought my first waterbrush. It was a Derwent brush but it turned out that this brush wasn't working for me.
The results I had with this brush were so bad that I decided to stick with the traditional brushes.

My terrible results with the Derwent waterbrush

I've seen many people do great work with waterbrushes so I was quite disappointed that it didn't seem to work for me.
I love painting outdoors and waterbrushes would be ideal for plein air watercolour painting!

A while ago I stumbled upon the Caran d'Ache Waterbrushes. They looked different and after reading a couple of reviews I was hoping they would fit me better than the Derwent brush. So I took the chance and ordered them.
Last week the brushes arrived and the results I have with them are so much better than with the Derwent brush already!

My much better results with the Caran d'Ache waterbrush!
The Caran d'Ache waterbrushes come in a set of three. A medium and a large size brush and a felt tip brush.

I haven't tried the felt tip brush yet.
In a couple of weeks I will make a couple of reviews about these brushes.
I will continue using them and I hope they will continue to perform as good as they do now!



       


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these brushes too and like them very much. I see you have left the plunger out on the brush, and wondered if you know it can be pushed back up into the brush holding it upright after filling without losing any water, as it only takes in enough water to fill the plunger itself, and then the cap can be snapped on the end so not to be misplaced while painting. For very detailed painting, I do like the small Kuretake waterbrush though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can push back the plunger, but if you do that and then take water again, the plunger will fill itself with water too. So then you can carry almost twice as much water. I like that.
      I'll take a look at the Kuretake brush, thank you for mentioning it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts