Review - Patterns in the Psalms colouring book


Instagram  


When I was asked to review this book "Patterns in the Psalms" the SPCK, the English organisation that published this little gem, told me they thought this colouring book with texts from the Psalms might be appealing not only to Christians but to others as well.

This book has 72 pages, with 30 psalm texts and 30 drawings.
It's size is 21 x 21 x 0,8 cm / 8.2"x 8.2"x 0.3"



The paper quality is good. It is not too thin and has a sublte tooth that makes it possible to layer and blend.
The ink drawings are of a very high standard, made by James Newman Gray.
There are different types of drawings: mountain landscapes, animals, abstract drawings of fire, sun and moon, trees and forests, water and waves, and much more!

    

You can also purchase Patterns in the Psalms on the SPCK website.

The pages are single side printed, that is to say, on the back side of a drawing, the psalm corresponding to the next drawing is printed.
So if you want to use markers or felt tip pens, you don't have to worry about bleeding through that much.

Psalms on the left, drawings on the right


When I first saw the drawings I immediately fell in love with the beautiful drawings in this colouring book.
There are some drawings in this book I love so much that I am 'saving' them for the right time.


I want to save this page for the christmas holidays!

I agree with the SPCK, if you are not interested in the psalm texts that are in this book, this book is still absolutely beautiful and inspiring.
I do not consider myself to be a Christian but that doesn't keep me from enjoying this book very much.


Pros: 
Beautiful drawings
Single side printed pages
The smaller size of the books makes it easy to take with you while travelling.

Cons: 
One page has already detached itself from the book. 

Conclusion:
Patterns in the Psalms has some of my all time favourite drawings.
I really cherish this book and I've decided to take it with me next time I travel to the mountains.
I can't wait to colour the mountain landscapes that are in this book while being in the mountains!
I hope you will enjoy this book as much as I do. 


support Passion for Pencils!











Comments

  1. Hi Henry,
    Thank you for mentioning the quality of the paper. Most of the time, when I like the drawings, I cut the pages out and copy them to artist paper such as Stonehenge. I would definitely add paper quality to the pros list. Floribunda by Leila Duly has gorgeous drawings, lots of opportunities for shading, and the best paper I've seen in a coloring book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts