Stress Relief Coloring book - A Review





Instagram  


This Adult Coloring Book is a creation of Vanilla Coloring.

  • This book has 82 pagina's and it's size is 21,6 x 0,5 x 21,6 cm / 8.5" x 0.2 x 8.5". 
  • The size of this book is a little bit smaller than the other colouring books I have, which makes this book very suitable for taking it with you while travelling, for example.



I always take my time trying a colouring book before writing a review. And I took my time with this lovely book too. 
While colouring in this book I used mainly Faber Castell Polychromos Pencils.
The quality of the ink drawings is good. They look 'clean' with consistent ink lines. The artist created nice abstract mandalas, pages with flowers and even some with animals in it.

The animals are my favourite pages because I haven't coloured many animals and this is something new I can try.





This book is being printed by Amazon and the book looks like it has been printed with care. However, in my opinion the paper is too thin and has too little tooth to make it suitable for layering and blending coloured pencil. The paper is similar to paper you use in your printer, and it makes it hard to blend and layer colours.
But if endless layering and blending is not your style of colouring, then this book might give you many hours of joy.
Markers will do better, I think, but I'm pretty sure markers and felt tip pens will bleed through. 
Fortunately the book has been single side printed, so this will allow you to use markers and felt tip pens without risking ruining a drawing on the backside of your work.


I was having a hard time blending and layering smoothly on the thin paper.


Pros:
Quality of the ink drawings is good, consistent and detailed.
Singles side printed pages, so bleeding markers and felt tip pens will not ruin a drawing on the back of your art work.
The price. This beautiful book has a very friendly price. 


Cons:
A thicker paper with a little more tooth would be better for coloured pencils.



Conclusion:
This is a lovely book and I'm sure many people will enjoy this book very much!


        


support Passion for Pencils!





Comments

Popular Posts