A green leaf twice on different types of paper






My Enchanted Forest copy has a very smooth paper. I was wondering what the exact difference would be if I would duplicate a leaf on a different type of paper. 
I made two videos about colouring a green leaf in my Enchanted Forest copy and on sketching paper.
I started with colouring in Enchanted Forest.
I used 10 different colours, all Faber Castell Polychromos:

                  

168 Earth Green Yellowish
167 Permanent Green Olive
158 Deep Cobalt Green
184 Dark Naples Ochre
266 Permanent Green
165 Juniper Green
171 Light Green
112 Leaf Green
267 Pine Green
157 Dark Indigo

In the videos I use the pencils in the same order as in the listed here.





                  




I find it really interesting to colour the same leaf on two different types of paper.
The smoother the paper, the more difficult it is to layer and blend. You need a really light touch to blend and layer on smooth paper. In the first video you can see that.

In the second video I'm using sketching paper. This is a cheap paper. It is not completely white, there are fibers in it and it is not acid free. I like the fibers in this type of paper. You can work the colour into the paper and it can give your drawings extra character.

As I am colouring more and more I am learning to handle smooth paper better and better. But I still prefer a little more tooth.


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you for this explanation...I have it bookmarked. I hope you will continue posting more videos and blogs such as this. You are a very talented artist,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing. I've read through all your posts and the way you color is so rich and lovely. I hope you're willing to continue to share. I'm just dipping my toes into colored pencils, and your pages are beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts